Wow, I am halfway through my senior year of college! I can hardly believe it. When I first started as a freshman in the fall of 2007, four years seemed like an impossibly long time, and "2011" was just a meaningless abstraction. But now here we are, less than two weeks away from 2011. And on May 14, 2011, I will be in possession of a real college degree! The first in my family! AAAHHHH!
So the fall semester just ended two days ago, and we are now on a 6-week winter break. Final grades won't be posted until this coming Wednesday. But these past two days of rest have been wonderful. Even though I have far more substantial things I could be posting about, I'd like to share my favorite things about the end of each semester:
1. Getting a full 8-10 hours of sleep every night and waking up naturally. Such a simple pleasure...letting my eyes open on their own in the morning instead of being yanked from the depths of dreamland by an alarm clock at some god-awful hour and having to literally slap myself to regain consciousness. And it's amazing how I can stay awake, alert, and focused all day without caffeine when I allow myself more than 1-3 hours of sleep per night. Amazing!
2. Returning to carrying a cute purse instead of a massive backpack that sticks 2 feet off my back.
3. Having the time to prepare nutritious meals for myself and sit down and enjoy them, instead of inhaling another Hot Pocket at my computer while trying to write some paper.
4. Having the time to just let my mind wander happily, instead of mentally running through an enormous to-do list.
5. Reading books I want to read without feeling guilty that I should be doing homework instead.
6. Reconnecting with my friends and being able to talk with them in a relaxed way, without having to watch the clock and rush the conversation or feel guilty for socializing.
7. Not having to keep my phone on silent all the time because I'm in class, so I can actually hear my phone when it rings and answer it when people are calling. 'Cause phone tag sucks.
8. Being able to post on my blog without feeling guilty that I should be doing homework instead!
Isn't life grand?